What To Expect After Your COVID-19 TEST
THANK YOU FOR TRUSTING LYON COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH WITH YOUR CARE! WE HOPE TO HAVE THE RESULTS OF YOUR TEST WITHIN 3-5 DAYS OR SOONER.
Your stable condition does not require hospitalization. Until you are notiﬁed of the test results, please read and follow the important instructions below:
- Stay at home and isolate yourself from your family, friends, co-workers and others until the results of your test are known. You may be contagious.
- Stay in a separte room/ bedoroom or at least 6 feet away from others.
- Wash your hands often.
- Cover your cough/ sneeze with a tissue, then discard the tissue and wash your hands.
- Don’t touch eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces often.
- Monitor your symptoms.
- Notify your physician if your fever, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath worsens.
- Call 911 for emergencies; tell the operator about your symptoms and that you’re waiting for COVID-19 test results.
- If you have questions, please call Lyon County Public Health hotline at (620) 208-3741 or visit PublicHealth.LyonCounty.org/covid-19
IF YOU TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID-19
- A representative from Lyon County Public Health will contact you with the results of your test.
- If your symptoms are mild to moderate, please stay home, self-quarantine and continue following the above precautions.
- If your symptoms are severe enough, we will admit you to the hospital, isolate you from other patients and treat your symptoms.
- We will report your results to the state health department.
- Continue to self-quarantine until either your health care provider or a representative from Lyon County Public Health notifies you that it is safe to stop.
IF YOU TEST NEGATIVE FOR COVID-19
- Please continue to monitor your symptoms and follow up with your primary care physician if your symptoms worsen.
- Be aware that you may have another respiratory viral illness (flu, etc.), and you may be contagious. Be considerate of others and follow the above precautions.
- Please be aware that if your test result is negative it does not ensure that you will not contract COVID-19 at a later date.
- If you have traveled to a Level 3 classified country, have been exposed to a person who has COVID-19 or been exposed to a person who is suspected of having COVID-19, please continue to remain at home and self-quarantine for 14 days. Please visit cdc.gov/travel for a list of Level 3 classified countries.
- If you have aditional questions, or if your symptoms worsen and you don’t have a primary care physician, call our hotline, (620) 208-3741.