Protecting Residents’ Health
We work to protect the health of Lyon County residents through efforts to prevent, prepare for, respond to, and recover from public health disasters.
We work alongside state and local emergency management services along with emergency responders to prepare for, plan, mitigate and implement recovery in the event of an emergency.
Kansas faces the possibility of disasters like:
- Excessive heat
- Severe storm
- Winter storm
- Nuclear blast
We do this by:
- Conducting regular planning meetings for key personnel
- Leading the Community Preparedness Committee with community partners
- Participating with other community groups, including the Lyon County Local Emergency Preparedness Committee, the Lyon County Community Organizations Active in Disaster, and the East Central Kansas Public Health Coalition
- Staying informed with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, the Kansas Department of Homeland Security, etc.
- Conducting and participating in drills and preparedness exercises
- Training all staff; etc.